El Pueblo Integral provides the following professional development services to schools and school districts throughout the country who are seeking to transform their schools into powerful learning communities:
Staff development and restructuring support to districts and schools to support the conversion to small, powerful learning communities.
- EPI-TLC is an affiliate of the Coalition of Essential Schools and uses
the CES Ten Common Principles in its work with schools and districts.
- EPI-TLC staff provided monthly coaching/consulting services (5 days/month) from 2010-13 to 'turnaround' high schools
in Tulsa Public Schools contracted through Battelle for Kids.
- EPI-TLC staff provided monthly coaching support (10 days/month) to principals and district
personnel in Lima City Schools during the 2010-11
school year as part of a district-wide school restructuring effort.
- EPI-TLC staff provided monthly coaching support (13 days/month) to schools within KnowledgeWorks Foundation's
Ohio High School Transformation Initiative from 2002-2010.
- EPI-TLC staff provided coaching services (2 days/month) to the principal of MC2 Stem High School in Cleveland Metropolitan School District during its 2008-2009 inaugural year.
- EPI-TLC staff co-facilitated (1997-2002) the conversion of Manual High School into three small schools (one of the first, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation funded, 'large high school' conversions nationally).
- EPI-TLC staff since 2003 has also provided coaching/consulting services to schools that are undertaking restructuring in Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, New Mexico, Michigan, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas.
Middle school restructuring support and staff development using the New American Schools Design approved 'Turning Points' model.
- EPI-TLC has been the southwestern United States regional center for Turning Points providing middle schools with structured support for improving teaching, learning and assessment; building leadership and a professional collaborative culture; data-based inquiry and decision-making; creating a school culture to support high achievement and personal development; networking with like-minded schools; and developing district capacity to support school change.
- EPI-TLC opened in the 2005-2006 school year Paulo Freire Freedom School in Tucson, Arizona as a demonstration site/laboratory school for best instructional practices/small school design.
- EPI-TLC opened in 2014 a second Paulo Freire Freedom School in downtown Tucson in August 2014 that is a
demonstration site/laboratory school for full-immersion STEM instruction.
SRI Critical Friendship training and support to schools and school districts wanting to create powerful and transformative learning communities within their faculties and among their students.
- EPI-TLC staff are affiliated with the national School Reform Initiative.
- EPI-TLC staff provided coaching services to high school teachers in Tulsa Public Schools using SRI Critical Friendship and Instructional Rounds training contracted through Battelle for Kids.
- EPI-TLC staff have designed and facilitated SRI Critical Friendship 'new coaches' trainings in
Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, and Utah.
If you or your school/school district would be interested in discussing with us any of these services, please contact us.